John E. Kostic Memorial Foundation
Mission: Fund scholarships, hospital enrichment programs, and community support programs that more effectively meet the needs of today’s vulnerable children and families in New Jersey. Among my key accomplishments:
- Opened the John E. Kostic Pediatric Infusion Center at Cooper University Health Care in February 2018. The first of its kind in South Jersey, this outpatient Pediatric Infusion Center provides family-centered care to children requiring short or long-term infusion therapy, therapeutic injections or provocative stimulation testing in an outpatient setting. Selected Press:
- Philadelphia Business Journal: Cooper opens pediatric infusion center in Camden
- Cooper Blog: Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper University Health Care Opens New Pediatric Infusion Center Thanks to $400,000 Donation
- South Jersey Observer: Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper University Health Care Opens New Pediatric Infusion Center
- CBS 3 Philly: New Space For Pediatric Patients At Cooper University Hospital
- Operates the largest scholarship supporting undergraduate students with juvenile diabetes in the state of New Jersey.
- Formed strategic partnerships with Cooper Medical School of Rowan University and The Starlight Foundation.
The Junior League of New York
Volunteer since 2013
The GOAL Project: 2016 - Present
Mission: To work with 11 to 15 year-old at-risk young women to provide essential and extensive life skills classes and workshops during these pre-adult years.
- Volunteer Spotlight, March 2017
Steps to Success Committee: 2013-2016
Mission: Serves new, highly educated immigrants in navigating the United States job market. Steps to Success workshops focus on the job search, resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, and networking and workplace culture. The committee presented at least 40 workshops during the year.
- Minds Matter Community Partner Coordinator, arranging site visits and assisting with volunteer management
- Committee of the Year, 2014